Monday, November 30, 2009

Elmo & Cookie Monster Birthday Invitations


I wanted to wait until all of the guests had a chance to receive their invitations before I posted a picture of them on here... the party is a week away now! My sister helped me make these invitations using construction paper/cardstock, glue dots, and a bunch of various circle cutters and punches. They were lots of fun and pretty easy! The original idea is from a blog post by Couture Parties.
I plan to visit Canuck Amusements and a few dollar stores this week to pick up the decor and goodie bag stuff.
My mom helped me bake letter B and number 2 cookies today {this Sesame Street birthday party is brought to you by...}. My oh so helpful sister has offered to make the Elmo cake for me since I likely won't have the time {and don't have the skill either}. The rest of the menu will likely consist of platters from the grocery store since I want to enjoy the party rather than spend it in the kitchen!

5 comments:

  1. I am so HAPPY to be able to inspire you! Happy birthday to your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those invitations. I found you as I searched google for cookie monster invitations. I am going to attempt to make them. Is that cookie a sticker or did you make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie ~ Thanks so much for the note! I am not sure how to contact you directly, so hopefully you will get my reply on here! I made the cookies... just found some cookie clip art, printed them to a 1 inch circle-ish size and then used my 1 inch circle paper punch to cut them out! Then I trimmed around the edges a bit, so it wasn't so perfect since real cookies never are. There are a few different circle cutters from the Martha Stewart line at Michaels you may want to check out if you don't have one already as there is a lot of circle cutting involved in these! Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute would you please what what size circle cutters you used?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary ~ Thanks for your message! Sorry, it has taken me a while, I am no longer blogging here and don't check the email as regularly as I used to! I can't remember exactly what size I cut the main blue and red circles... maybe 5 inches in diameter or so. For the eyes I used my 1 and 1.5 inch punches and a small circle punch that is maybe 3/8 of an inch. Sorry I can't be more specific... I just experimented with the circle cutter and punches I happened to have until it looked right! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete